Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Austin Blog




One quote I really like is "fake it till you make it." This resonates with me because I like to play around with materials until it turns into a concrete idea. This happens frequently when I make mixed media artwork. The other quote the resonated with me is "make things=know thyself." The reason I chose this is because my art is a visual display of how I feel. Not when I am making my Drake painting necessarily, but if you put me in front of a blank canvas with a paintbrush in my hand, whatever gets put onto the canvas reflects off my emotions at the time. What I make is who I am. The art work visually shows me how I am really feeling. Making things, know thyself. As far as strategies go, I want to follow the fake it till you make it route. I sample and play with different materials until I find something worth building off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment